These sweet little angels are located around the high altar at St. Anna-Kirche in Augsburg, Germany. St. Anne’s was originally a Carmelite monastery founded in the 14th century. Martin Luther stayed here in 1518 when he was called by the Roman Catholic church to meet with Cardinal Cajetan at the Diet of Augsburg. The church became a Lutheran church in 1545. Today, one end of the church is Lutheran and the other end Roman Catholic–definitely an interesting way to get along ecclesiactically! We visited this church during our 2014 LutherTour.